Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Kris' Birthday Celebrations

I love birthday cards!
They are my favorite part of birthdays and always remind me how lucky I am
to be surrounded by such incredible family and friends! xx
 
Nic and I after a casual birthday dinner with some of my best girlfriends in the city.

My wonderful Fiance surprised me with a trip to Tahoe!

View from the top of that mountain at Heavenly.

Me before an amazing birthday dinner at Cafe Fiore.

Snowed in with a bottle of wine! Couldn't be happier!
 
The aftermath- trying to take a picture after too many libations- no birthday would be complete without that!! ;)

With all of the wedding planning and events that have been going on this year- my birthday snuck right up on me! I am such an organizer that I usually have a celebration planned a month in advance, but this year my friends were asking me what I was going to do and I honestly had no idea.  Being the wonderful people that they are- they planned dinners for me. To top it of my amazing fiance surprised me with a trip to Tahoe- and I couldn't have planned it better myself (a huge compliment from me). A storm hit Friday so we decided to forgo skiing and hit up the bowling alley instead, when we hit the slopes on Saturday- we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day, the sun was shinning and the snow was mint. Apres ski, Chris surprised me with a couples massage and an amazing dinner at the quantist restaurant- Cafe Fiore. There were only 8 tables in the entire place!

This year was a particularly noteworthy as it was my last birthday as a single lady! Being engaged has been so amazing, like having a birthday times a million! I was almost brought to tears when I opened my present from Chris' sister- a bead for my charm bracelet that had "sister" engraved all over it. I have never had a sister before, and am so excited that my family is about to double! Nic also got me the most darling gold Kate Spade earrings that read "Mrs.", eek! I am about to be a Mrs!!

And guess what?! I figured out that my 30th birthday is on a SATURDAY, so as soon as the wedding is over I am going to start planning that! Just kidding... kinda...

xx,
Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment