Friday, March 23, 2012

Happy New Year








































Jacket and shirt: F21, Jeans: Seven For All Mankind, Shoes: Sam Edelman, Bag: Dareen Hakim, Sunnies: Target, Jewelry: F21, Picnic, David Yurman, SassyBrown via Etsy, Own

My Dareen Hakim Le Icon clutch is a staple for me and I felt that it was fitting for this post. I love the embossed leather and the most of all the Arabic calligraphy. I discovered the line a couple of years ago at Magic and it was love at first sight. What I love most is that you can customize your Le Icon clutch by choosing the leather, plaque and inscription. I have the Olive Croc with a brushed gold cutout reading "wisdom and strength".

Tuesday was Persian New Year (Aidetoon Mobarak) so I spent Monday night with family and friends eating amazing food and dancing into the wee hours of the night. It's my fave time of year because it also marks the first day of Spring (even though it doesn't always feel like it in SF) It's tradition to eat smoked white fish with sabzi polo which is green herbs with rice, the holiday is to Persians what Christmas is Christians.

This afternoon I'm going with Kris and some friends to watch the Hunger Games. We are EXTREME fans of the novels and cannot wait to see it on the big screen!! Stay tuned for our movie review... until then have a fabulous weekend!!

xx
Nic


No comments:

Post a Comment