Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Nic's Notion: The Oscars

It is with great sorrow I say that (yet again) I was underwhelmed with the fashions this year. Those that I thought were going to stun everybody, didn't. And those that I wouldn't even have given a second thought to, showed up and wow'd me. I absolutely loved the Alexander McQueen that Jessica Chastain wore. The black strapless gown was the perfect canvas to show off the beautifully gilded embroidery.
photo courtesy of justjared.com

























So, there has been so much controversy about the Giambattista Valli Haute Couture dress that Emma Stone wore because of it's resemblance to the lipstick red Balenciaga Nicole Kidman wore circa 2007. I say, so what? I thought Emma looked absolutely beautiful!!
photo courtesy of justjared.com

























As Kris and I were watching the red carpet coverage we could not stop talking about how Giuliana Rancic was blowing everyone else's dress out of the water.  With the success of (what I think is the best show on television) Downton Abby and Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby due out the end of this year, I think Giuliana's beaded Tony Ward is only the start of other 1920's inspired looks to come.
photo courtesy of stylebistro.com


I'm sad that award season has come to an end, but there is Kris' and my birthday coming up and also Persian New Year to look forward to. :)

xx
Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment