Monday, February 27, 2012

Kris' Conviction : The Oscars

Is a news correspondent allowed to completely out shine the honorees?! Apparently so because last night Giuliana Rancic did just that in her stunning white fit-to-flare gown by Lebanese designer Tony Ward. Not only was the dress gorgeous, but I loved how she pulled the look together with diamond studs, an elegant low bun and statement lips. She was the picture of beauty. I was sold on this dress watching the pre show and never even saw the back which makes it even more amazing!

credit: Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
credit: Lester Cohen/wireimage.com



My wedding fever must be affecting my judgment, because my next pick for Best Dressed was also clad in a white gown. In a break from her uniform black, Rooney Mara stunned in this Givenchy number. I love the contradiction of the gown itself with it's stark architectural cut and soft white lace fabric.  While I am usually not a fan of thick, blunt bangs like those Rooney sports- her classic pale beauty pulls them off and her makeup was flawless.  Bravo Rooney!


Credit: JustJared























And then there was the breath of fresh air that is Michelle Williams. I mean she looked like a freaking doll in her coral Louis Vuitton gown. The dress looked like it was made for her, as I could not think of a better cut or color for Michelle. It was pure Oscar Perfection.


Credit: JustJared

No comments:

Post a Comment